The church building was built in 1925/26. Over the years the building has served the fellowship well. However, we have come to
recognise there is a greater need to serve the community of Middleton in a more practical way. To do this, the building needed to be modernised to provide disable access as well as the provision of a disable toilet. We have become aware that the kitchen facilitates are not adequate for community use. In 2014 we commenced a building fund and over the last 6 years the trustees have worked hard to raise funds and consider what the refurbishment of the building should look like.
We are grateful to receive grants towards the building work from:
All Churches Trust
Bishop Radford Trust
Garfield Weston Foundation
Laing Family Trust
Bramley Baptist church
LCC – MICE fund
Sir George Martin Trust
We have been grateful to receive grants from the LCC MICE fund and from Green Leeds to enable the church to replace the wooden window frames with new PVC frames. This work has made a massive difference. We completed the building work following our 'Celebraing 90 years of worship and witness' event in January 2017. Our aim is to seek ways of supporting the community of Middleton in a more practical way.
We give God all the Praise and Worship for all what he has done for us over the years and for what he will be doing in the coming years.